- Canton and northern Cherokee County could see winter weather and dangerously cold temperatures today. A winter storm watch has been issued and temperatures will be down into the single digits tonight.
- The special election to fill the House District 22 seat will be held tomorrow. Polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Four Cherokee Republicans — Cherokee County residents Meagan Biello, Jeff Duncan, Nate Cochran and Sam Moore — are all vying to become the next elected official to represent the district, which includes portion of Cherokee, Forsyth and north Fulton counties.
- Project Valentine is asking residents to donate candy and toiletries items that will be distributed to senior citizens at two nursing facilities.
- The Sequoyah Regional Library System has a slew of story time activities set for this week at its Cherokee County libraries.
- You can still register for eighth annual Guns & Hoses 5K, which is a friendly competition between the Cherokee Sheriff's Office and Cherokee County Fire and Emergency Services. This year's run will raise money for the Goshen Valley Boys Ranch.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something