- The 2nd annual Holiday Lights of Hope starts on Thursday at Hobgood Park. The event is a fundraiser for the Anna Crawford Children's Center. The display will be open to the public between 6 p.m. and 10 pm. Thursday, Dec. 12 through Sunday, Dec. 21. Tickets are $10 for adults and free for children 14 and under.
- The Cherokee County Historical Society will have its Elly Hobgood Art Show and Rebecca Johnston Book Signing to benefit the organization. The event starts at 5 p.m. Friday at Chamberhouse in downtown Canton.
- You can stop by any fire station in Cherokee County to donate a new, unwrapped toy for Toys For Tots, which ensures less fortunate children have Christmas gifts. Residents can drop off toys between now and Dec. 18.
- The Cherokee Association of Realtors will collect coats and canned goods at its offices on Tuesday between 4:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. Their offices are located next to the River Park Clubhouse, at 1600 River Park Boulevard in Woodstock.
- The Cherokee Arts Center still has its Holiday Gallery Show and Sale on display at its location in downtown Canton. Member 2D and 3D art work will be on display at the gallery though Dec. 27.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something