1. Students from Cherokee County will join thousands of youth on athletic fields across the nation on Oct. 10 as they share their Christian faith at the 7th Annual Fields of Faith event. Look for the announcement from Cherokee High's Brandon Roberts at 5 a.m.
2. In a unanimous vote, the Canton City Council decided to keep the senior garbage rate as is. We'll have the story at 5:30 a.m.
- Preview: Should Canton Seniors Pay More for Garbage?
3. Liberty Hill Church served 200 meals to families this week while Cherokee County School District students were out for Fall Break. Read about the church's outreach efforts at 5:55 a.m.
4. Cherokee Commission Chairman Buzz Ahrens will answer some of your questions about a proposed homestead option sales tax referendum starting at 8 a.m. Tuesday at the Cherokee County Administration Building and Conference Center. Woodstock-Towne Lake Patch editor Kristal Dixon will have more information at 7 a.m.
- BOC to Discuss Tax Referendum
- Deal Signs Cherokee Tax Measure
- Vote Could Eliminate Cherokee Property Tax
5. In high school football action, Cherokee High (1-2) will face Lassiter High (3-0) tonight in Canton. And Kell High (2-1) will visit Creekview High (2-0). Kickoff for both games is at 7:30 p.m.
If you have news, events, announcements, photos or videos that you want to share, don't wait on Canton-Sixes Patch to post it for you. Scroll to the bottom of canton-ga.patch.com, look for the "Contribute" header in the bottom right corner, click "Put an event on the calendar" or "Announce something to everyone," fill in all the fields, and your event, announcement, photos and videos will automatically go up on Patch.