1. A controversial ordinance intended to help the city meet some of its long-term fire service needs might not be the best route for the city to take. That was Mayor Gene Hobgood's conclusion Wednesday after revealing the findngs of a verbal, non-binding review from the Georgia Attorney General's office. Look for details later today.
2. Canton's Josh Altman, a 2008 graduate, is on the Democratic National Convention floor as one of the youngest members of this year's Georgia delegation. He has agreed to provide Patch with updates from Charlotte. Wednesday, he uploaded his first post.
3. The National Parent Teacher Association has something to say about the Georgia PTA's continued opposition to . We'll have an update later today.
4. Did you miss all of Wednesday's announcements from the ? Here's what the district posted on Canton-Sixes Patch:
5. In other school news, the Cherokee County School District Police Department earned state re-certification from the Georgia Association of Chiefs of Police, district spokeswoman Barbara Jacoby said. The agency is one of two school system police departments in the state to earn certification.
If you have news, events, announcements, photos or videos that you want to share, don't wait on Canton-Sixes Patch to post it for you. Scroll to the bottom of canton-ga.patch.com, look for the "Contribute" header in the bottom right corner, click "Put an event on the calendar" or "Announce something to everyone," fill in all the fields, and your event, announcement, photos and videos will automatically go up on Patch.