In my business, I work with a lot of small, local entrepreneurs. One thing I always point out to them as a great, almost free way to increase sales is to participate in local business networking groups and clubs.
It’s easy to get caught up running our businesses and lose sight of the power of referrals. Let’s face it. Referral and relationship marketing takes time no matter whether we choose to do this on or offline.
In local business groups, the business owner has the opportunity to interact on a more personal basis with other business owners, which inevitably leads to strong business relationships with people who can recommend your products and services to people they know and interact with on a daily basis.
Business owners who get involved in business groups have four things in common:
- They recognize the value of relationships (on and offline).
- They keep up with local news and trends.
- They place a high importance on knowing the people they choose to do business with well.
- They are professionals.
In our local area, you can check out the:
- Woodmont Business Club.
- PowerCore’s Canton Business Leaders.
- Canton Rotary.
- Cherokee Chamber of Commerce.
- Business Networkers International “All About Towne.”
- Bridgemill Sixes Service League.
- Cherokee Toastmasters.
- Woodstock Main Street.
- Woodstock Community Business Association.
- Southeast Cherokee Business Network.
I’ll give a plug here for my peeps and business partners in the Woodmont Business Club:
- Rick Zunker of Community Pest Solutions.
- Steve Samson of Premier Indoor Heating and Air.
- Neal Sulmeyer of Kinetic Computing and Humecon.
- Sarah Warshaw of Hometown Magazine.
- Dawn Porter or Dawn Porter Hair Stylists.
- Lauren Poovey of Poovey & Associates Accounting.
- Linda Lullie of Inspired2Design.
- Mike Pelligrino of Mr. Appliance.
- Pro-Tech Printing & Graphics.
- Andrew Cole of Churchills Home Improvement.
- Kelly of Elephant Errands (movers).
- Lisa Hughley of Lisa Hughley Prudential Real Estate.
- Ali Aydin of Canton Jewelry.
- Chuck Flagg of Cruise Holidays.
- Joe Demyen of Demyen Family Chiropractic.
- Tracy Pulsipher of Decorating Den.
- Jeff Smalley of Homestar Mortgage Solutions.
- And me, Simple Concepts Local Marketing.
After of spending every Tuesday morning for a year with these professionals, I can recommend them wholeheartedly for all of your professional and business needs.
If you own a small business in Cherokee County, give these groups a try.