1. The will meet today for its 3 p.m. work session and its 6 p.m. regular meeting. Open the attached PDFs for the agendas for each meeting, which will include a discussion about a and the findings of a Cherokee County grand jury in the matter.
2. Help raise money for children and families in Cherokee County and join the BridgeMill Sixes Service League for the Third Annual Victory Run-5K Walk/Run and 1 Mile Family Fun Run at 8 a.m. Oct. 6. Click on the following link for details.
3. Josh Altman, a graduate, is in Charlotte as a delegate at the Democratic National Convention, which starts today. Look for a profile of Altman later today.
4. A traveling tribute to American veterans will arrive in Canton just in time for Saturday's American Heroes Air Show. The Cost of Freedom Tribute will be set up Thursday evening and available for public viewing all day Friday. Look for details later this week.
5. Sonya Lanier of was recently awarded the Graduate Realtor Institute (GRI) designation by the Georgia and National Associations of Realtors. Lanier has joined other top producers in the residential real estate industry who hold the classification. Look for the complete announcement at 5 a.m.
If you have news, events, announcements, photos or videos that you want to share, don't wait on Canton-Sixes Patch to post it for you. Scroll to the bottom of canton-ga.patch.com, look for the "Contribute" header in the bottom right corner, click "Put an event on the calendar" or "Announce something to everyone," fill in all the fields, and your event, announcement, photos and videos will automatically go up on Patch.