1. Head to Canton's this weekend for the . Saturday and Sunday, there will be artists, musical entertainment, food, a youth art exhibit and a hands-on area for children. Visit the for details.
2. The Fraternal Order of Police endorsed David Waters for against current . Lodge membership is made up of law enforcement officers from Cherokee and other nearby jurisdictions, and the .
3. Cherokee County Associate Magistrate Judge E. Benson Chambers Jr. was sworn in on Wednesday afternoon. Look for details at 5 a.m.
4. Four members of 's girls basketball team recently signed with collegiate programs. Click to find out where they are headed.
5. Patch has set aside $3,000 to support good causes in our communities. So far, we’ve earmarked $1,000 of those funds for charities named during our . Now, it’s time for you to help us decide which of the three charities that have won the most support so far should get the largest donation, a check for $1,500. Click to vote.
Bonus: remains in the lead in , which attempts to gauge your favorite yogurt spot in ZIP code 30114. Remember: It's not enough to just vote as we give equal weight to votes and comments. Vote and comment until 9 a.m. today.
If you have news, events, announcements, photos or videos that you want to share, don't wait on Canton-Sixes Patch to post it for you. Scroll to the bottom of canton-ga.patch.com, look for the "Contribute" header in the bottom right corner, click "Put an event on the calendar" or "Announce something to everyone," fill in all the fields, and your event, announcement, photos and videos will automatically go up on Patch.