1. The mother of Jorelys Rivera, the 7-year-old Canton girl whose brutal murder made national headlines in December, was , according to a incident report released on Tuesday.
2. A and charged with interference with custody, said Sgt. Stacy Bailey, spokeswoman for the Canton Police Department.
3. Rep. Phil Gingrey (R-Marietta), Cherokee's would-be congressman, discussed the economy, gay marriage, Obamacare and this year’s presidential race during a on Monday night. Kennesaw Patch contributor James Swift has the report.
4. Cherokee County Superior Court Judge Frank Mills will not seek re-election after three decades on the bench. Juvenile Court Judge M. Anthony “Tony” Baker announced on Tuesday his bid for the seat. Previously, said he would seek the judgeship as well. Look for details on at 5 a.m.
5. Patch has set aside $3,000 to support good causes in our communities. So far, we’ve earmarked $1,000 of those funds for charities named during our . Now, it’s time for you to help us decide which of the three charities that have won the most support so far should get the largest donation, a check for $1,500. Click to vote.
Bonus: remains in the lead in , which attempts to gauge your favorite yogurt spot in ZIP code 30114. Remember: It's not enough to just vote as we give equal weight to votes and comments. Vote and comment until 9 a.m. Friday.
If you have news, events, announcements, photos or videos that you want to share, don't wait on Canton-Sixes Patch to post it for you. Scroll to the bottom of canton-ga.patch.com, look for the "Contribute" header in the bottom right corner, click "Put an event on the calendar" or "Announce something to everyone," fill in all the fields, and your event, announcement, photos and videos will automatically go up on Patch.