1. Tuesday, the approved funding support for Commerce Parkway as part of the development in . The roadway and the bridge over Canton Creek will connect at GA 140. Cherokee County is the sponsor of the $8.5 million project with the Georgia Department of Transportation. GDOT will contribute 50 percent of the project cost, while the balance will be shared between Northside, the and Cherokee County. Holly Roberson was at the meeting and has the .
2. . The center will open next spring.
3. The National Weather Service will issue a statewide tornado drill today to . Tornadoes are the No. 1 severe weather-related killer in Georgia, according to the NWS.
4. In what would be his last interview with authorities, convicted killer Ryan Brunn said he didn't pick out 7-year-old Jorelys Rivera. "Like, I didn't have this thought in my head for two weeks," he said. Monday, the .
5. Profess your love for that special someone on Canton-Sixes Patch for a chance to . The contest ends Feb. 13.
If you have news, events, announcements, photos or videos that you want to share, don't wait on Canton-Sixes Patch to post it for you. Scroll to the bottom of canton-ga.patch.com, look for the "Contribute" header in the bottom right corner, click "Put an event on the calendar" or "Announce something to everyone," fill in all the fields, and your event, announcement, photos and videos will automatically go up on Patch.