1. Don't forget: Canton-Sixes Patch has launched a new 'Best Of' feature, and it requires your participation. This week, we want to know what the best Mexican restaurant in Canton-Sixes is. .
2. In a letter to Cherokee County Board of Education Chairman Mike Chapman, the president and CEO of the international registry for accreditation said state of Boards of Education." House Bill 978, which cleared the Georgia House of Representatives on Thursday by a vote of 149-0, would change the way local residents elect members of the Board of Education.
3. It's been nearly one week since the , but the debate continues.
- (R-Milton) prepared a document of frequently asked questions on the topic.
- (D-Atlanta) said alternative methods of education, including charter schools, should be pursued, but he "will never support decimating public schools nor taxing our citizens without representation."
- Coming Wednesday: Georgia Charter Schools Association President Tony Roberts responds to Fort.
4. In his weekly legislative update, Georgia Senate Majority Leader Chip Rogers (R-Woodstock) talks about the that he sponsored. How do you feel about the bill's requirement that all high school students, starting with the 2013-2014 ninth grade class, will have to complete at least one online course prior to graduation?
5. Canton has restored water service to areas affected by Sunday's water main break, but the until further notice, the city announced Monday afternoon.
Bonus: In his latest Local Voices column, Canton attorney Eric A. Ballinger offers the top 10 mistakes people make when getting a divorce. What would you add to the list?
If you have news, events, announcements, photos or videos that you want to share, don't wait on Canton-Sixes Patch to post it for you. Scroll to the bottom of canton-ga.patch.com, look for the "Contribute" header in the bottom right corner, click "Put an event on the calendar" or "Announce something to everyone," fill in all the fields, and your event, announcement, photos and videos will automatically go up on Patch.