1. The has released the fall sports schedule for high school volleyball, softball, cross country, cheerleading and football. Open the PDF on this page for the dates, which go up to November.
2. Cherokee Charter Academy, the county's first charter school, opened Monday. .
3. The will hold its regular meeting at 6 tonight. County Manager Jerry Cooper will ask commissioners to award a design/build contract to Gay Construction Company for the $212,000 renovation and expansion of the building on Univeter Road. Open the PDF on this page for the complete agenda.
4. From 8 a.m. Aug. 22 to 6 p.m. Aug. 26, motorists who drive along Salacoa Road will have to find an alternate route, the announced Monday. A pipe replacement project near Cagle Circle will temporarily shut down the road. For additional information, call 770-345-5842.
5. The Columbia Scholastic Press Association, one of the nation’s most prestigious groups, awarded 's Auberon yearbook a silver medal for journalistic excellence. "The staff did a great job," said Rebecca Maxwell, Creekview High’s yearbook advisor. “They were very dedicated and hard-working, putting in many hours outside of class to have the best book possible for our student population. I am so very proud of them.”