1. Canton will meet with the at 1 p.m. today to discuss the Hickory Log Creek Reservoir as well as water and sewer services.
2. In order to collect the same amount of property taxes in 2012, Cherokee County is proposing a revenue neutral millage rate. What does that mean? Click on the following story for an explanation.
3. Monday wasn't the first time that Georgia Senate Majority Leader Chip Rogers (R-Woodstock) spoke against TSPLOST. During the Cherokee County Republican Party debate on June 25, he said TSPLOST was "ridiculous" and "a total and complete waste of money." Watch what else he had to say during that debate.
4. An unidentified 27-year-old woman was flown to Atlanta Medical Center this morning with abdominal pain and other injuries after a single vehicle accident in Canton.
5. for the July 31 general primary continues today in Cherokee County.
If you have news, events, announcements, photos or videos that you want to share, don't wait on Canton-Sixes Patch to post it for you. Scroll to the bottom of canton-ga.patch.com, look for the "Contribute" header in the bottom right corner, click "Put an event on the calendar" or "Announce something to everyone," fill in all the fields, and your event, announcement, photos and videos will automatically go up on Patch.