1. and , the candidates for chair, will take questions from media representatives, the public and each other starting at 7 p.m. tonight at the Cherokee County Republican Party headquarters in Towne Lake.
2. The is still looking for a 76-year-old man with Alzheimer's who has not been seen since 4:30 p.m. Thursday. Click on the following link for details.
3. First Cherokee State Bank, which had locations in , and , closed Friday, an official with the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. said.
4. In June, we solicited your nominations for your favorite businesses and people in Canton-Sixes Patch? Now it's time to see which of your selections will earn a Readers' Choice award. Vote in our Patch poll until Aug. 17. Only registered users can do so. Click on the categories below and vote for your favorites.
5. The Summer Olympics begin on Friday, and Patch wants to test your Olympic knowledge. All this week, Patch will post trivia questions to see how well you know the Games. Take the test, then return to the site by 7 p.m. each night for the answers.
If you have news, events, announcements, photos or videos that you want to share, don't wait on Canton-Sixes Patch to post it for you. Scroll to the bottom of canton-ga.patch.com, look for the "Contribute" header in the bottom right corner, click "Put an event on the calendar" or "Announce something to everyone," fill in all the fields, and your event, announcement, photos and videos will automatically go up on Patch.