1. From 1 to 5 p.m. today, the will hold its annual Business Expo at the Cherokee Recreation and Parks Agency South Annex, 7545 Main St., Bldg. No. 200, Woodstock. Stop by the Patch booth and say hello.
2. Lance LoRusso, the attorney for fired Canton Police assistant chief Todd Vande Zande, said Monday that he "sent a letter on Friday formally appealing Vande Zande's termination through the process provided in the city ordinance and policy." Canton-Sixes Patch requested that letter through an open records request, but has yet to receive it. The held a special called meeting Monday night, and immediately adjourned to executive session to discuss possible litigation.
3. The case of the former employee who was indicted in connection with the alleged sexual battery of a teenage boy is on the Aug. 20 jury trial calendar, according to the . Friday, First Baptist leaders released a statement after the church, its senior pastor and two former employees were named in a related .
4. plans to develop a major medical campus in Towne Lake, officials announced on Monday. Click on the link for the announcement.
5. This is your last week to vote in our Patch Readers' Choice polls. Voting closes at 11:59 p.m. Friday. Only registered users can vote. Click on the categories below and vote for your favorites.
Bonus: Upload a photo and a few words about what makes your dog the tops among Georgia Patch pooches. You have until 5 p.m. Aug. 20 to submit a photo for a chance to win a $100 gift card and some Patch swag.
If you have news, events, announcements, photos or videos that you want to share, don't wait on Canton-Sixes Patch to post it for you. Scroll to the bottom of canton-ga.patch.com, look for the "Contribute" header in the bottom right corner, click "Put an event on the calendar" or "Announce something to everyone," fill in all the fields, and your event, announcement, photos and videos will automatically go up on Patch.