1. This week is National Crime Victims’ Rights Week, a time to promote victims’ rights, support victims of crime and honor victim advocates. Cherokee County Chief Assistant District Attorney , who is running for District Attorney, announced on Friday that she and her husband will match up to $1,000 in total donations to the Cherokee Family Violence Center and Anna Crawford Children’s Center from April 22-28. To donate to the Cherokee Family Violence Center, go to cfvc.org. To donate to Anna Crawford Children's Center, go to www.cherokeechildadvocates.org.
2. Can you believe that Mother's Day is three Sundays away? To help you find the perfect floral arrangement for mom, this week's Readers' Choice poll will attempt to gauge your favorite florist in ZIP code 30114. The poll goes live at 5 a.m. today. You have until 9 a.m. Friday to vote and comment. Remember: It's not enough to just vote in Canton-Sixes Patch's weekly Readers' Choice poll. You must also leave a review of your favorite business.
3. Saturday, more than 100 people remembered Jorelys Rivera and raised money for additional child safety programs in Canton during the at . Canton-Sixes Patch spoke to the organizer of the run for . For a recap of Saturday's fundraiser, watch this report that aired on WAGA-TV, also known as Fox 5 Atlanta.
4. Investigators with the are trying to determine what caused a that sent three children to on Friday.
5. are being held in the under an $11,200 bond on a burglary charge, Lt. Jay Baker said in a news release Friday night.
If you have news, events, announcements, photos or videos that you want to share, don't wait on Canton-Sixes Patch to post it for you. Scroll to the bottom of canton-ga.patch.com, look for the "Contribute" header in the bottom right corner, click "Put an event on the calendar" or "Announce something to everyone," fill in all the fields, and your event, announcement, photos and videos will automatically go up on Patch.