Five deputies with the Cherokee Sheriff's Office were recognized for going above and beyond their duties earlier this week.
Lt. Jeremy Huggins, Deputy Joseph Sullivan and Deputy Cody Jones all received Life Saving Awards. Sgt. Chris Furman received a Citation for Bravery and Deputy Zachary Holloman received a Commendation.
Sheriff Roger Garrison presented the deputies the awards in front the Cherokee County Commissioners during its regular meeting on Tuesday.
Along with the awards ceremony, 19 deputies who were recently promoted with the agency introduced themselves to the commission and the public. The promotions included:
- Dana Martin was promoted to Major over Headquarters Operations;
- Buster Cushing was promoted Captain over Criminal Investigations
- Jemina Harris and Irene Campbell were promoted to lieutenants in the Adult Detention Center.
- Promoted to the rank of Sergeant were Mike Wells, Jeff Donley (not pictured), Chris Furman, Daryl Clark, Daniel Lavine and Ryan Brooks.
- Promoted to the rank of corporal: Adam Mayfield, Walter Jones, Billy Mitchell, James Cook, Ashley Pope, Coreen Prescott, Jason Ray, Darin Downey, Kristian Blakeney and Alex Azaroff.