1. Four Cherokee County firefighters were promoted Friday, spokesman Tim Cavender said. Click on the link to find out more about them.
2. The has announced the schedule for a series of meetings to discuss redrawn boundaries for the 2013-14 school year.
3. This week, St. Paul AME Church is commemorating its 115th anniversary. The celebration, which started Sunday, continues at 7 tonight with guest preacher Rev. Fred Forsh.
4. Forty-one teachers are in the running for 2013 Teacher of the Year honors. Did one of your favorite educators make the list?
5. The will provide child sexual abuse prevention training from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. today. The "Darkness to Light: Stewards of Children" training will take place at the center, which is at 319 Lamar Haley Pkwy. For information, call 770-345-8100, ext. 230.
If you have news, events, announcements, photos or videos that you want to share, don't wait on Canton-Sixes Patch to post it for you. Scroll to the bottom of canton-ga.patch.com, look for the "Contribute" header in the bottom right corner, click "Put an event on the calendar" or "Announce something to everyone," fill in all the fields, and your event, announcement, photos and videos will automatically go up on Patch.