That's one of several details laid out in a general bill of indictment handed down Tuesday by the Cherokee County grand jury against Marlow, Trim and Cherokee County Republican Party Secretary Barbara Knowles.
Marlow has been indicted on four counts of making false statements while Trim was indicted on three counts of making false statements.
Knowles, who made the original call to Cherokee County E-911 dispatchers alleging Petruzielo tried to run them over in his vehicle, was indicted on one count of filing a false report and four counts of making false statements.
The details surrounding the allegations from the trio include:
- Knowles "knowingly and willfully" made false statements to Canton Police Department detective Andrew Henson, stating that Petruzielo "accelerated and drove" towards her, Marlow and Trim as they crossed East Main Street in front of the Painted Pig Tavern; that there were witnesses along the curb who saw Petruzielo allegedly speed up and aim his vehicle at them; that Petruzielo's vehicle "never slowed down."
- Marlow "knowingly and willfully" made a false statement to Henson, alleging Petruzielo "changed lanes and accelerated" towards her, Knowles and Trim and "came close to striking her."
- Marlow "knowingly and willfully provided a false written statement" to Canton police, noting that on the evening of June 13, 2013, "a white BMW vehicle that...Marlow saw daily in the parking spot of Frank Petruzielo accelerated and abruptly changed lanes driving towards said accused." Marlow then alleged Trim "pushed" her onto the sidewalk to avoid "being struck by said vehicle" and "stated that there were several witnesses at the entrance of the restaurant" who asked if they knew the driver of the vehicle.
- Trim "knowing and willfully" made a false statement when he accused Petruzielo of changing lanes, driving towards them and "almost striking" them.
- Trim "knowingly and willfully" provided a false written statement when he said Petruzielo allegedly sped up and changed lanes driving towards them, that he physically moved Marlow out of the way and that he "was barely able to get out of the way of said vehicle." He also allegedly told police there were about four to six people on the sidewalk outside the restaurant who witnessed what happened and made comments on the actions of the person allegedly driving the vehicle.
- Trim "knowingly and willfully" provided false statement when he said "physically moved said Kelly Salata Marlow to prevent the said Kelly Salata Marlow from being struck by the vehicle" and the trio "immediately stopped" on the curb to discuss Petruzielo's alleged actions.