1. Calling it "possibly the largest seizure of child pornography in Cherokee County to date," sheriff's investigators found more than 100,000 electronic files of child porn on a Woodstock man's computers. Richard Ensley, 37, is in the without bond on a charge of sexual exploitation of children.
2. A Ball Ground man was arrested at the Cartersville Walmart following an incident involving two girls, ages 8 and 5. Look for details at 5 a.m.
3. Third, fourth and fifth graders at , and elementary schools and seventh and eighth graders at outperformed their county and state peers in all five subject areas of the Criterion-Referenced Competency Tests. And in its first year of operation, fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh graders bested the county and the state in at least three of the CRCT's five content areas.
4. Close to 3,000 students and their families are expected to attend , where they will receive new backpacks filled with supplies, new socks and underwear, free haircuts, medical screenings, books, stuffed animals, and a hot lunch. If you want to volunteer, click on the following link for details.
5. A 19-year-old Canton woman died after being shot five times early Sunday morning, and her 21-year-old boyfriend has been charged with her murder, the spokesman for the said.
If you have news, events, announcements, photos or videos that you want to share, don't wait on Canton-Sixes Patch to post it for you. Scroll to the bottom of canton-ga.patch.com, look for the "Contribute" header in the bottom right corner, click "Put an event on the calendar" or "Announce something to everyone," fill in all the fields, and your event, announcement, photos and videos will automatically go up on Patch.