1. The man behind a bomb threat that put locations in Canton and other parts of metro Atlanta on alert last Friday has been identified, the spokesman for the Columbus movie chain said in a one-sentence statement.
2. All this summer you've nominated and voted for your favorite local businesses and people. Click on the following link to see who you selected.
3. While Cherokee has not had any cases of West Nile virus, the state has confirmed 21 cases across Georgia. Friday, state health officials urged caution.
4. A wake will be held from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. today at for , the 29-year-old Canton man who was .
5. Ball Ground now has its own Historical Society. And on Thursday, the group installed its first officers during its regular monthly meeting at Ball Ground City Hall.
If you have news, events, announcements, photos or videos that you want to share, don't wait on Canton-Sixes Patch to post it for you. Scroll to the bottom of canton-ga.patch.com, look for the "Contribute" header in the bottom right corner, click "Put an event on the calendar" or "Announce something to everyone," fill in all the fields, and your event, announcement, photos and videos will automatically go up on Patch.