1. Weather: The National Weather Service is calling for a high temperature of 62 degrees today under mostly cloudy skies. There is a 30 percent chance of showers after 10 a.m. Tonight, the low temperature will be around 55 degrees with a 50 percent chance of rain.
2. In Case You Missed It: Presumptive State Senator-Elect Brandon Beach spoke to Patch about his goals as a new legislator. Read about his plans to bring more jobs to Georgians and cutting red tape here.
Meanwhile, we're going to have another round of voting to determine our District 21 Representative in the State House. Patch has all the details on the runoff and who the candidates are in the second round of voting.
3. Happening Now: Has anyone seen this horse? She may have been stolen from Waleska Monday night. Let's help reunite this mare with her family!
A local citizen is demanding the immediate resignation of three city council members for "conduct unbecoming." Do you agree with our Local Voice? Read his article and add your thoughts to the conversation!
4. Looking Ahead: The Cherokee Board of Commissioners has approved the construction of the Etowah River Park. Find out when construction will begin and what you can expect to see in the new park at 8 a.m.!
5. On This Date in History: On Jan. 10, 1776, Thomas Paine's pamphlet Common Sense is first published. The pamphlet stirred up antagonism between the American colonies and their British overlords in a plain, easy-to-read style. The publishing of Common Sense was one of the key moments that eventually lead to the final Declaration of Independence issued on July 4 of that same year.