1. Weather: Rain is in the forecast for today. According to the National Weather Service, there is a 90 percent chance of showers throughout the day, with a high near 75 degrees. There's also the possibility of a thunderstorm. Tonight, the temperature will dip to 66 degrees, with more rain expected. Rainfall amounts may reach up to one inch.
2. In Case You Missed It: Canton's high school football teams had mixed results on Friday. Creekview beat Osborne, but Cherokee lost to Walton at the latter's homecoming game.
3. Happening Now: October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month. Local Voice Eric A. Ballinger reminds us all that the difficulties of being in an abusive relationship are tremendous, and that communities need to come together to support domestic violence victims. Look for the article at 10 a.m.
October is also National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Are you or a loved one fighting against this terrible disease? There are support groups available to you that will join your battle. Find out where you can go to gain strength from your peers at 8 a.m.
4. Looking Ahead: We're just about a month away from the presidential election. There are some state and local issues you will be asked to weigh in on after you've made your choice for the White House. Find out what will be on the ballot in Georgia and Cherokee County by reading our Election Guide, which will appear at 7 a.m.
5. On This Date in History: On Oct. 1, 1962, Johnny Carson began his 30-year run as the host of The Tonight Show. Although the tape of this historic broadcast has long since been lost, you can listen to the first three minutes of the show here.