1. Weather: Sunny skies await Canton today, with a high temperature of 72 degrees, says the National Weather Service. Tonight's low will be around 49 degrees.
2. In Case You Missed It: Fields of Faith was held at Cherokee High School last night. Patch's David Ruff covered this powerful fellowship experience and will be posting his experiences at noon.
A Canton woman lost her iPod on Tuesday while out walking with her daughter. She is offering a $50 gift card for the person who returns it to her.
Cherokee County is still trying to inform voters about the potential 1% sales tax that is on the Nov. 6 ballot. Find out more about the tax and why some Cherokee residents are voting against it.
3. Happening Now: Getting psyched up about tonight's vice presidential debate? Patch will have a preview of the action at 8:00 a.m. and will have a live chat and live video stream starting at 9:00 p.m.
4. Looking Ahead: The Taste of Canton is tonight from 5 to 8 p.m. in Cannon Park. $10 gets you in, while $5 gets the kiddos in. You and your family will be blown away by the delicious food served up by our local restaurants. Don't forget to check out the scarecrows and vote for your favorite designs while you're there!
5. On This Date in History: On Oct. 11, 1962, Pope John XXIII convened the first Catholic ecumenical council in 92 years. The council, which would become known as "Vatican II" helped bring the Church into the modern era.