1. Weather: Patchy fog should burn off by 10 a.m., according to the National Weather Service. Today's high will be around 61 degrees followed by a low of roughly 40 degrees tonight.
2. In Case You Missed It: Canton residents are speaking out against the city council's purchase of new Christmas lights. Discover their cause for concern and add your voice to the discussion!
The Woodstock Police Department is asking for your help to catch some honest to goodness cradle robbers. Find out what local nonprofit was victimized and a description of the trailer carrying the cribs.
3. Happening Now: Have you completed your holiday decorations yet? Instead of waiting for cars to block traffic in your neighborhood due to gawking at your Griswoldian display, submit photos of your decor to Patch's Deck the House Contest! The grand prize winner earns $100,000 for their local school district!
4. Looking Ahead: Shoplifting may seem like a victim-less crime, but the cost of doing business has increased due to attempted and successful five finger discounts. Come back at 8 a.m. to see the figures on just how much shoplifting dips into your wallet.
5. On This Date in History: On Nov. 30, 1954 at 2:46 p.m., a meteroite landed in Ann Elizabeth Hodges' Sylacauga, AL home, bounced off a radio and hit Hodges as she took a nap on her couch. This is the only documented incident in history of a person being hurt by an extraterrestrial object. Hodges survived the meteroite impact and died in 1977.