1. Weather: Our dry spell may be over, according to the National Weather Service. Although temperatures are expected to hit 86 degrees today, there is a 20 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2 p.m. Tonight, that chance increases to 30 percent, accompanied by a low of 63.
2. In Case You Missed It: The volunteer at a Kennesaw church who pleaded guilty to 10 counts of child molestation and five other charges has been sentenced to life in prison. The man admitted to molesting nine boys, including two relatives.
In happier news, Cherokee County's unemployment rate last month dropped to 7.1 percent, which is the lowest rate in the Metro Atlanta area. On the state level, unemployment remained at 9.2 percent in August.
3. Happening Now: Today and tomorrow are being celebrated as National Coffee Day, which means a lot of free coffee will be handed out! Look for an article detailing where the free coffe is at 8 a.m. If you're heading out the door now and need your fix before 8, 7-Eleven is giving away free coffee between 6 and 10 a.m. today.
4. Looking Ahead: Fields of Faith, which is a religious gathering of thousands of young people, will be held at Cherokee High School on Oct. 10. Don't miss out on this wonderful fellowship and service opportunity!
5. On This Date in History: On Sept. 28, 1066, William the Conqueror landed in England and began his conquest of the island. His campaign ended victoriously at the Battle of Hastings.