1. Weather: Patchy fog should be gone by 10 a.m., says the National Weather Service. Expect another balmy day, with a high around 70 degrees. Tonight's low will be roughly 49 degrees, with a 50 percent chance of showers.
2. In Case You Missed It: Milton High School coach and Canton resident Michael Scott has lost his battle with cancer. However, the Scott family still needs your help to raise funds to pay for Michael's medical bills. The outpouring of support for the Scotts has been incredible so far; hopefully that support will continue with Michael's passing.
A historic home in Ball Ground was engulfed in flames Monday morning. Although Cherokee County Fire and Emergency Services did their best, the 1905-era home was totally destroyed. Luckily, the 74-year-old woman who was living in the house escaped unharmed.
3. Happening Now: We're getting closer to Christmas, and that means more and more houses in Canton are being decorated with lights and wreaths to celebrate the season! If you think your house is the best on your block, submit a photo to Patch's Deck the House Contest! If you win, you'll earn $100,000 for the Cherokee County School District!
4. Looking Ahead: With the recent arrest of Creekview teacher Blake Bearden, people have layed criticism on the adult for his conduct. Rightful criticism or not, it is interesting to note the different reactions from some people when a male teacher is accused of sexual misconduct with a student as opposed to a female teacher. At noon, come back to join the discussion of a possible double standard in our society when it comes to crimes like this.
5. On This Date in History: On Dec. 4, 1872, the American brigantine Mary Celeste was discovered derelict in the Atlantic Ocean, despite being well provisioned for a voyage and sailing in calm weather. The fate of the crew and what caused them to abandon ship is one of the most persistent mysteries in maritime history.