1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting a dry day in Canton, with a high temperature of 57 degrees under partly sunny skies. Tonight's low will be in the area of 38 degrees, with partly cloudy skies.
2. In Case You Missed It: A video has surfaced of Sen. Chip Rogers giving a presentation on a controversial United Nations agenda item critics say is meant to eliminate private property rights. Read more about Agenda 21 and Rogers' presentation.
If your yard is an unrecognizeable heap of leaves, the Canton Public Works Department wants to take the problem off your hands. Find out how you can help the city give out free compost and rid your lawn of clutter.
3. Happening Now: The March of Dimes is hosting a leadership breakfast at 7:30 a.m. at Chart Industries on Airport Industrial Pkwy. in Ball Ground. This is the 75th anniversary of the March of Dimes, and the group has a special anniversary initiative planned.
4. Looking Ahead: An open house to discuss the replacement of the Little River Bridge is scheduled for 5 p.m. at Mountain Road Elementary School. The public can also submit proposals and opinions on replacing the bridge, which has been deemed "structurally deficient," until Nov. 29.
5. On This Date in History: On Nov. 15, 1864, Union General William T. Sherman began his infamous "March to the Sea," gutting the state of Georgia as part of the overall northern strategy to end the Civil War by destroying the south's will to fight. The brutal campaign ended on Dec. 21 with the capture of Savannah.