1. Weather: Today's high temperature will be 46 degrees, predicts the National Weather Service. Tonight, expect a low temperature near 27 degrees. It is not expected to rain again until Friday.
2. In Case You Missed It: There were 17 traffic fatalities on Georgia roads during the Christmas travel period. The Georgia State Patrol responded to 11 fatalities, while local agencies responded to six. Get a breakdown of the statistics and how they stack up to 2011's figures here.
3. Happening Now: Have you weighed in on our end of the year discussions yet? Bookmark these links and come back when you've got a spare minute and tell us who Canton's Person of the Year in 2012 was and share your ideas on what Cherokee County can improve on in 2013.
4. Looking Ahead: Now that Christmas is over, it's time to figure out what to do with that tree. Check out this article on local options available to Cherokee residents for organic tree recycling, or come back at 8 a.m. and read it when it's in the top spot!
5. On This Date in History: On Dec. 27, 537, the current Hagia Sophia structure was consecrated as an Eastern Orthodox church by Emperor Justinian I in Constantinople (now Istanbul, Turkey). The emperor is reported to have said, "Solomon, I have outdone thee!" upon the church's completion. The building was converted to a Mosque upon the Islamic capture of Constantinople in 1453, and the building was turned into a secular musem in 1935.