1. Weather: Partly sunny skies are in the forecast for Canton, according to the National Weather Service. Expect a high temperature of 51 degrees today, followed by a low of 36 tonight.
2. In Case You Missed It: Former Cherokee County fire chief Ray Gunnin is entering the political arena as the new Commissioner for District 2. Read Patch's interview with Gunnin here.
3. Happening Now: Two dogs need you to help reunite them with their owners! Brat went missing yesterday from the Governors Preserve subdivision, and another dog was found yesterday on Highway 20. Get the word out about these pooches!
4. Looking Ahead: Is one of your New Years' Resolutions to become more environmentally conscious? Come back at 8 a.m. to discover 20 ways you can go green to start the new year.
5. On This Date in History: On Dec. 2, 1788, Georgia became the fourth state to ratify the Constitution.