1. Weather: Don't forget to turn your lights on driving to work this morning, as the National Weather Service has predicted patchy fog in Canton up until 9 a.m. After the fog burns off, expect a high temperature of 79 degrees, with a low tonight of 47.
2. In Case You Missed It: A local dentist office will buy back excess candy on Nov. 1 and send it to the troops overseas. Find out what office is hosting this buy back and how much you could expect to make off your extra candy.
3. Happening Now: Did you watch last night's presidential candidate debate? We had a lively dicussion in our live chat as the debate went on, and now we've opened the floor to you in the comments section! Get a "live on tape" recap of the debate or join in the comments and weigh in on the proceedings.
4. Looking Ahead: In honor of Domestic Violence Awareness Month, the Cherokee Family Violence Center will be holding a candlelight vigil tonight in downtown Canton. Read more about the vigil and the inspirational story of one Cherokee County woman who escaped an abusive relationship.
5. On This Date in History: On Oct. 23, 1942, the Empire of Japan began its last major offensive on the American-contested island of Guadalcanal, attempting to retake Henderson Field from the Americans. The offensive was a failure, and the Japanese evacuated the island by February, 1943.