1. Weather: The frost you may or may not encounter this morning should be gone by 9 a.m., according to the National Weather Service. This afternoon, expect a high temperature of roughly 66 degrees, followed by a low tonight of 45. There is a 20 percent chance of showers after 1 a.m. Thursday.
2. In Case You Missed It: Former Canton Police Department sergeant Stacy Bailey is fighting her recent termination by the department. Bailey and her attorney claim investigators did not do a proper job of examining all the evidence in the case. Look at the documents yourself and make up your mind on the situation.
3. Happening Now: The Cartersville Police Department is investigating the Sunday muder of a Canton native. While there are no suspects in the case, the man's friends and family did hold a vigil to remember the victim last night. Read more about the case and the vigil here.
Dick's Sporting Goods has decided to stop selling some rifles in its stores in light of the Sandy Hook tragedy. Do you agree with the decision? Let us know in the comments section of this article!
4. Looking Ahead: It's just about crunch time for Christmas shopping. If you've got out of towners on your list, you need to ge those packages sent out ASAP. Find out at 8 a.m. where you can go to get your gifts mailed off and how much time you have left.
5. On This Date in History: Bah, Humbug! On Dec. 19, 1843, Charles Dickens' classic tale A Christmas Carol goes on sale for the first time. I wonder if Scrooge would have bought a copy?