1. Weather: The patchy frost in our area should be gone by 9 a.m., according to the National Weather Service. This afternoon, expect a high temperature of 67 degrees under sunny skies. Tonight's low will be 37 degrees.
2. In Case You Missed It: A boil water advisory is in effect for Chamlee Lane. Find out the exact area affected and what steps you need to take during the advisory period.
The Canton Fire and Police departments have announced their officers and firegfighter of the year for 2012. Here are the winners and the criteria needed to earn this prestigious award.
3. Happening Now: Nominations are being accepted for the First Citizen of Cherokee County. The award will be handed out in January by the Cherokee Chamber of Commerce. Here are the requirements for a nominee and how to submit your nominations.
4. Looking Ahead: One Cherokee County school teacher got a very welcome surprise yesterday! Find out who it was and what was given out at 8 a.m.
5. On This Date in History: On Nov. 9, 1989, a miscommunication by an East German government official during a press conference regarding the lifting of travel restrictions to West Berlin caused East Berliners to flood towards the Berlin Wall demanding to be allowed to cross over. After unsuccessfully reaching out to their superiors, East German border police relented, and East and West Berliners were reunited. Nov. 9 is generally accepted as the day the Berlin Wall "fell," one of the most important events of the 20th Century.