1. Weather: This patchy (nothing to do with us!) fog should burn off by 9 a.m., says the National Weather Service. After that, expect the high to reach 74 degrees today under mostly sunny skies. Winds could gust up to 25 mph today. Tonight, the temperature should dip to a low of 44 degrees.
2. In Case You Missed It: The Canton Police Department will have a whole new look starting Friday. Find out what changes are in store for the officers' appearance.
3. Happening Now: Don't forget that Fields of Faith is tonight at Cherokee High School! Patch will be there to cover the festivities, so come on out and enjoy this wonderful fellowship opportunity!
4. Looking Ahead: Cherokee County officials are continuing to spread the word about the proposed 1% sales tax and homestead exemption (HOST) that will appear on the Nov. 6 ballot. Read about their previous information drives and how they plan to keep getting information to voters at 10 a.m.!
A Canton woman is asking for your help in finding her lost iPod Touch. There's a reward in it for whoever returns it to her! Get more details at 8 a.m.
5. On This Date in History: On Oct. 10, 1971, London Bridge was "re" opened in Lake Havasu City, NV, after the town's owner bought the bridge from the United Kingdom and had it rebuilt brick by brick in his community.
SPECIAL NOTE: Most of the Patch editors in the Southeast region (including yours truly) will be at an all-day conference in downtown Atlanta. Barring an early release and a wifi connection, there may not be a mug shot article posted today. I am sorry for any inconveniences this may cause.