1. Weather: The National Weather Service expects the patchy fog in our area to burn off by 8 a.m., which will lead to a high temperature of 61 degrees today. Tonight's low will be around 35 degrees.
2. In Case You Missed It: Last night's City Council meeting was certainly interesting, with proposals to eliminate the mayor's ability to appoint staff members and to impose term limits on elected officials brought forward. We want to hear your thoughts on these local government issues!
3. Happening Now: Operation Christmas Child is accepting donations to help fill shoeboxes with Christmas goodies for needy kids in our area! Find out where you can go and what you can donate.
4. Looking Ahead: Among the topics brought up at last night's big meeting was the 3% excise tax on car rentals. At noon, we will be running a poll to see whether or not you support the tax. Don't hesitate to add your voice and your vote to the discussion!
Good news for Boling Park! The Army Corps of Engineers has given the green light to finish the replacement exercise equipment at the running track. Read the full story at 4:30 p.m.!
5. On This Date in History: On Nov. 16, 1938, Swiss chemist Dr. Albert Hoffman synthesizes Lysergic acid diethylamide in his laboratory in Basel. LSD will go on to become a popular psychedelic drug in the 1960s.