1. Weather: Expect partly sunny skies and a high near 51 degrees today, according to the National Weather Service. Tonight's low should be around 43 degrees, with a 20 percent chance of showers after 1 a.m. Wednesday.
2. In Case You Missed It: A bicyclist was struck on Cumming Highway near Insterstate 575 over the weekend. Read this article to get the official view of the Canton Police Department on who is to blame for the accident.
Canton's most recent city council meeting had shouting, foul language, and even the appearance of a former state governor. Read the recap of the proceedings and let us know what you think of the last meeting.
3. Happening Now: It's election day in the House District and Senate District 21 elections. Here are the candidates for the House and Senate elections, and check out how well each House and Senate candidate did on the fundraising front. Additionally, don't forget to read about Senate candidates Sean Jerguson and Brandon Beach's campaign missteps before you head out to your polling place.
4. Looking Ahead: While you're waiting for the election returns to come in, come back at 8 a.m. to read about Creekview Wrestling's latest tournament. Were the Grizzlies good enough to get to State? You'll have to read and find out for yourself!
5. On This Date in History: On Jan. 8, 1815, Andrew Jackson leads American forces in the decisive Battle of New Orleans, which keeps British forces from occupying the recently-acquired Louisiana Purchase lands. Although the treaty formally ending the War of 1812 had been signed in December, 1814 it was not ratified by the Americans until February, 1815 and it was almost March before word of the peace made it to the hinterlands.