1. Weather: There's a 30 percent chance of scattered showers and thunderstorms today, especially before 7 a.m., according to the National Weather Service. The high temperature today is expected to be 76 degrees, with a low of 54 tonight.
2. In Case You Missed It: October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Find out about the importance of support groups and where you can go in Canton to find others battling this devastating disease.
An alleged argument between a father and son led to a stabbing that left the son in the hospital and the father in jail. It is currently unknown what caused the fight or the stabbing.
3. Happening Now: If you're unsure about what state and county issues will be on the ballot in the November election, Canton-Sixes Patch has created an Election Guide that aims to educate Cherokee County voters on the big ballot questions.
4. Looking Ahead: The Cherokee Board of Commissioners meet tonight and will get an update on the progress of the aquatic center. Find out more about what's scheduled for the meeting.
5. On This Date in History: On Oct. 2, 1967, Thurgood Marshall, who successfully argued in front of the Supreme Court in the 1954 case Brown v. Board of Education, was sworn in as the first African-American justice of that court.