1. After , most of them in opposition to a fire district ordinance that threatens to eliminate a decade of voter-approved tax exemptions, Canton Mayor Gene Hobgood vetoed the measure on Thursday. Click the following link to read why.
2. In recent years, authorities have ramped up efforts to tackle prescription drug abuse in Georgia. But local officials said suburbs like Cherokee have a new problem on their hands: heroin.
3. The will be held from 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. today at . For more information, email Brandon Roberts at email@example.com or call him at 678-232-7488.
4. In the wake of renewed calls for the to end graduations at , church officials did not respond to requests for comment on Thursday.
5. The Summer Olympics begin on Friday, and Patch wants to test your Olympic knowledge. All this week, Patch will post trivia questions to see how well you know the Games. Take the test, then return to the site by 7 p.m. each night for the answers. See the answers from Thursday.
If you have news, events, announcements, photos or videos that you want to share, don't wait on Canton-Sixes Patch to post it for you. Scroll to the bottom of canton-ga.patch.com, look for the "Contribute" header in the bottom right corner, click "Put an event on the calendar" or "Announce something to everyone," fill in all the fields, and your event, announcement, photos and videos will automatically go up on Patch.