1. The 11th Annual Patriot Day Ceremony will be held at 8:30 a.m. today at the Public Safety Memorial, next to the historic Cherokee County Courthouse. The event is held each year "to remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice during the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks on New York City," spokesman Tim Cavender said.
2. Village Podiatry Centers, which bills itself as the largest foot and ankle surgical practice in the Southeast, has acquired locations in Canton, Cumming and Ellijay, the company announced Monday.
3. A cat that scratched a woman at a Canton apartment complex has tested positive for rabies, and health officials are searching for others who might have come into contact with it.
4. A 16-year-old was arrested this weekend in connection with the in Towne Lake. The teen's name was not released.
5. The Georgia Bureau of Investigation has identified the man killed Sunday in an as 53-year-old Jerome George “Jerry” Cundy of Woodstock.
Bonus: From 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. today in the parking lot of the Woodstock Health Center, the will offer regular seasonal flu vaccines for $20 and the high dose flu shot for $50.
If you have news, events, announcements, photos or videos that you want to share, don't wait on Canton-Sixes Patch to post it for you. Scroll to the bottom of canton-ga.patch.com, look for the "Contribute" header in the bottom right corner, click "Put an event on the calendar" or "Announce something to everyone," fill in all the fields, and your event, announcement, photos and videos will automatically go up on Patch.