1. Weather: Bring your gloves and jacket with you to work today, as the National Weather Service predicts a high temperature of only 45 degrees today. Tonight's low will be around 23 degrees.
2. In Case You Missed It: The grand jury in the Ball Ground Recycling case has told the Cherokee Board of Commissioners to discipline county employees involved in the original deal. Read more about the story here.
The family of a Canton native who was killed in a robbery in Cartersville is offering a $3,000 reward for the identity of the robber. Read more about R.J. Statler and the search for his killer.
3. Happening Now: A Local Voice contends that five Canton City Council members are meeting illegally and conducting city business away from the eyes of the public. What do you think of this so called "Gang of Five?" Let us know in the comments!
4. Looking Ahead: Drop by at 8 a.m. to catch a rundown of the big events happening in Cherokee County this weekend. Seeing as we survived another apocalypse, the parties on Saturday and Sunday should be extra vibrant.
5. On This Date in History: On Dec. 21, 69, the Roman Senate declares Vespasian Emperor of Rome. He is the last of four emperors to take office (the first three died or were killed) in the tumultuous year. Vespasian is chiefly known as the general who led the sack of Jerusalem and also for beginning construction of the Coliseum in Rome.