1. Weather: The National Weather Service is forecasting sunny skies for Canton today, with a high of 54 degrees. Winds could gust as high as 25 mph today. Tonight, the low is expected to be around 24 degrees.
2. In Case You Missed It: Chip Rogers' new job at Georgia Public Broadcasting will pay him more than Gov. Nathan Deal and Lt. Gov. Casey Cagle once he starts work tomorrow. Find out just how much Rogers will be making and what his new job title is.
State Rep. Calvin Hill is looking forward to reducing the amount of laws on the books in Georgia as part of his duties during this session of the General Assembly. Read more on Hill's new job titles within the House and how he plans to handle the increased work load.
3. Happening Now: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day is a federal holiday, so some places will not be open for business today. Get a comprehensive list of closures in Cherokee County in this article.
4. Looking Ahead: The Georgia Board of Education did something surprising in its Thursday meeting that will have an impact on the renewal of Cherokee Charter Academy's charter. Come back at noon to find out what the board did!
Don't forget! Tomorrow is the debate between House District 21 runoff candidates Scot Turner and Brian Laurens. The runoff is scheduled for Feb. 5. What questions would you like to see asked of Turner and Laurens? Tell us in the comments!
5. On This Date in History: On Jan 21, 1793, deposed French king Louis XVI meets his grisly fate on the receiving end of a guillotine. By all accounts, Louis acquitted himself honorably on his final day. Unfortunately for the people of France, the guillotine was just getting warmed up, as the infamous Reign of Terror would begin in September.