1. Weather: The National Weather Service predicts a 10 percent chance of light rain before 7 a.m. today, with a temperature topping out at about 46 degrees. Tonight, expect a low of 31 degrees with a 30 percent chance of rain, which could turn freezing.
2. In Case You Missed It: A 21-year-old Woodstock man was killed at Little River Marina on Wednesday morning when part of the forklift he was working on collapsed and crushed him. Find out more about the accident here.
3. Happening Now: The one and only debate between the two candidates in the State House District 21 race was held Tuesday night in Holly Springs. Check out the recap of the debate and let us know your thoughts on the candidates and their positions!
Are you ready for tonight's freezing rain? Here are some tips to keep your pipes from freezing overnight.
4. Looking Ahead: Come back at 10 a.m. to learn about a traffic stop that turned nasty for one of the House candidates, and whether or not it will cost his campaign.
5. On This Date in History: On Jan. 24, 1848, James Marshall, responsible for constructing a sawmill on the property of John Sutter in Coloma, CA, discovered flakes of gold while building the mill. The discovery of gold sparked the California Gold Rush. Neither Marshall nor Sutter profited from the gold rush.