1. Weather: Sunny skies are in the National Weather Service's forecast for Canton today, with a high of 51 degrees. Tonight, expect mostly clear skies with a low of 28 degrees.
2. In Case You Missed It: In case you weren't able to make it out to the Canton City Council meeting last night, read this extensive recap of the proceedings. It looks like we're going to be voting on a fire bond referendum in mid-March. If the vote was today, would you support the bond?
3. Happening Now: The Woodstock Police Department is looking for the woman who tried to pass some funny money at a salon late last month. This article has a photograph of the woman. Please contact the authorities if you recognize her!
4. Looking Ahead: Come back at noon to learn about a resolution introduced by Republican Sen. Barry Loudermilk to acknowledge and apologize for Georgia's role in slavery. We will want to know if you support the measure or if you think it's time to put this chapter of our history behind us.
5. On This Date in History: On Jan. 17, 1911, aviator Eugene B. Ely lands his aircraft on the deck of the armored cruiser USS Pennsylvania, the first ever landing of an aircraft on a ship. Ely's landing would lay the foundations of the new form of warship, the aircraft carrier, which has dominated the seas since World War II.