1. Weather: The National Weather Service is predicting sunny skies for Canton, with a high temperature of 53 degrees. Tonight the low temperature will be around 41 degrees. There is a 60 percent chance of rain after 5 a.m. Tuesday.
2. In Case You Missed It: Sheriff Roger Garrison was sworn in for his sixth and final term on Friday at the Cherokee County Justice Center. Browse Patch's photos from the event and read what Garrison has to say about his final four years as Cherokee County's sheriff.
3. Happening Now: How will you remember 2012? The year is almost over, and we want to know who Canton's most important person of 2012 was. We also want to know what you would like to see changed in Cherokee County starting in the new year! Don't be shy, leave a comment or two!
4. Looking Ahead: Stiffer penalties are going in effect for DUI tomorrow. Check back at noon to get the heads up on the new laws and the way one prominent motorist club is trying to help motorists avoid DUIs tonight.
5. On This Date in History: On Dec. 31, 1695, a window tax was imposed in England. Rather than pay the tax, many English property owners simply bricked up their windows. This tax was not repealed until 1851.