1. Weather: It's going to be a bit colder today than it has been the last few days in Canton, according to the National Weather Service. Today's forecast calls for a high temperature of 49 degrees under sunny skies, and a low tonight of 33 degrees.
2. In Case You Missed It: A Woodstock man has been charged with felony hit and run after allegedly striking a crossing guard at Freedom Middle School on Tuesday. .
3. Happening Now: Have you stopped by Brooke's Boutique yet? The newest store in downtown Canton is having a welcoming sale and has invited their merchant neighbors to get involved with the festivities! It's always good to see new businesses in Canton!
4. Looking Ahead: Come back at 10 a.m. to learn more about the condition of the crossing guard mentioned earlier in this article. The Cherokee Sheriff's Office already has a timetable for the man's return to the job!
5. On This Date in History: On March 21, 1871, journalist Henry Morton Stanley sets off for Africa to find explorer Dr. David Livingstone, who had been lost in the continent for six years. When the two men finally meet in Tanzania on Nov. 10, 1871, Stanley asks the famous question, "Dr. Livingstone, I presume?"