1. Weather: Get your golashes out of the closet, Canton. The National Weather Service is predicting a very wet week ahead. Today, the rains will come before 2 p.m. and bring the high down to 55 degrees. Tonight, there may be more rain on the way and a low temperature of 45 degrees.
2. In Case You Missed It: Georgia's unemployment rate has dropped to 8.5 percent. The number of jobless Georgians hasn't been this low in nearly four years, says the state department of labor. Join the lively discussion about job numbers and statistics here.
3. Happening Now: Have you voted early yet? You can head over to the polls today to cast your ballot for the Jan. 8 special election. A few Cherokee residents have already voted early, so why not skip the election day hassle and punch your ballot sooner rather than later?
4. Looking Ahead: Creekview High School wrestling took part in the Hardaway Invitiational over the weekend. At 9 a.m., come back to see just how well the Grizzlies did and which individual wrestlers brought home top honors.
The North Pole is alive with activity today, as Santa and his elves get ready for the big journey tonight. Patch and NORAD will be following St. Nick's global tour today, so make sure the kids are in bed before Rudolph guides the sleigh to Canton!
5. On This Date in History: On Dec. 24, 1968, Apollo 8 crewman Bill Anders took a famous photograph of the Earth rising above the lunar surface. The first Earthrise observed by human beings was one of the highlights of the Apollo 8 mission, which laid the groundwork for future Apollo moon landings.