1. Wednesday, defense attorney Stanley Constant sought to bolster Christopher Erdman’s contention that he shot Shannon Lawrence in self defense after the 25-year-old Canton woman attacked him with a six-inch knife in the . Don Plummer has the details .
2. A raccoon that fought two Canton dogs has tested positive for rabies, health officials said Wednesday. Read the full story .
3. The start of the school year is 18 days away. So why haven't parents heard anything from organizers of the county's first charter school? Click for the answer.
4. The Canton City Council will have a work session at 6 tonight at . Council member Bob Rush will discuss a possible millage rate increase, according to an agenda of the meeting. Open the PDF on this page for the full agenda.
5. Rejoice, local Harry Potter fans. At 9 tonight, will show Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1, which will lead into the midnight premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2, the final installment in the series. While supplies last, the Riverstone location will give away free Harry Potter 3D glasses with every 3D ticket purchase. For more information, call 770-720-9520.