With the start of a new year comes a new list of things to do around Cherokee County with your family and friends.
If you didn’t get around to experiencing these places in Cherokee last year, here’s your chance.
- Woodstock Visitors Center at Dean's Store
- Cherokee County Museum and Visitors Center
- Funk Heritage Center at Reinhardt University
Cherokee Sporting Event/Venues
- Dixie Speedway's 2013 season will soon get underway later this year.
Cherokee Ice Skating
- While Cherokee has no ice skating venues, check out Centennial Olympic Park's Ice Skating Rink!
- AMF Woodstock Lanes
- Cherokee Lanes
- RiverFest, which is held in Canton the last weekend in September.
- Woodstock Art & Wine Festival
- KidsFest (held in late October) sponsored by the city of Woodstock.
- Canton Festival of the Arts
- Greenprints Alliance's Streetfest
Cherokee Farmers Markets
- Main Street Woodstock's Farmers Market
- Canton Historic Downtown Loop's Farmers Market
- Cherokee Fresh Market
Cherokee Arts Classes
- Cherokee Arts Center regularly has classes scheduled throughout the year.
- Elm Street Arts also has classes available for elementary and middle school students.
Cherokee Fruit Picking
- Berry Patch Farms in Woodstock has blueberry season in the summer and pumpkin season in the fall.
Cherokee Library classes/story times
- The Sequoyah Regional Library has regular classes and story times available for children at its four branches throughout the county.
Cherokee Hiking Trails