Each week, Canton-Sixes Patch will provide a list of five things you can do locally.
1. Attend a Friday night dance party at Cherokee Rhythm & Smooth. Take a dance lesson from 7:30 to 8:30 Jan. 14, then dance the night away with your newly discovered dance skills from 8:30 to 10:30. Sign up online. The cost is $10, which includes the dance lesson, snacks and soda.
Location: 210 Lakeside Dr.
2. Share your writing. The Canton-Woodstock Writer’s Critique group will meet at 7 p.m. Jan. 17 at the River Green Heritage Club. Writers of all skill levels are invited to share parts of their works in progress and receive feedback from peers. This is a free event. Bring a snack and drink if you'd like. Contact Jay Barr at 678-628-6616 or email@example.com.
Location: 201 Clubhouse Dr.
3. Watch The Royal Ballet—Giselle Live at Carmike Riverstone 15 at 2 p.m. Jan. 19. For more information, call 770-720-9520.
Location: 1395 Riverstone Pkwy.
4. Watch baby animals at Tanglewood Farm. In January, have fun with more than 100 miniature baby goats, donkeys, horses, pigs and other animals. Tours are available Wednesday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The cost is $10 per person.
Location: 171 Tanglewood Dr.
5. Attend the Martin Luther King Jr. Day camp for children Jan. 17. The Bounce House is offering half- and full-day camp for students during the scheduled day off from school. Activities will include laser tag, bouncing and playing video games on a 50-inch television, as well as lessons on King and making changes in their own world. Lunch is provided. Call 770-345-JUMP to register. Full-day camp, which runs from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., is $40 for the first child and $35 for each additional child. Half-day camp, which runs from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., is $25 for the first child and $20 for each additional child.
Location: 765 Ash St.