The Top of Their Classes
Meet all of Cherokee County's valedictorians and salutatorians.
The Cherokee County School District and School Board honored the Class of 2012 Valedictorians and Salutatorians during the 12th Annual Scholar Recognition Banquet on Thursday, May 24, 2012 at Woodmont Golf & Country Club. The banquet featured speeches by the honorees and their favorite teachers, the presentation of gifts and a buffet dinner.
The students and teachers were congratulated by the School Board, and each student received an iPad, $50 gift card, plaque and handcrafted commemorative mug. Each teacher received a plaque and $100 grant for classroom supplies. The gifts were made possible by donations from event sponsors.
The honorees and their favorite teachers are:
- Cherokee High School
- Valedictorian: Elisabeth Bradley; Teacher: Rebecca Coury
- Salutatorian: Madeline Landman; Teacher: Heather Smith
- Creekview High School
- Valedictorian: Alexandra Webb; Teacher: Cleve Ard
- Salutatorian: Cody Blackwell; Teacher: Todd Sharrock
- Etowah High School
- Valedictorian: Megan Emery; Teacher: Kevin Wall
- Salutatorian: Andrew Hughes; Teacher: John Murnan
- Sequoyah High School
- Valedictorian: Abigail Riddle; Teacher: Andy Kohler
- Salutatorian: Kristin White; Teacher: Marla Hooper
- Woodstock High School
- Valedictorian: Tracie Dinh; Teacher: Sonja Green
- Salutatorian: Krishan Patel; Teacher: Krista Webb
Dr. Brian Hightower, Assistant Superintendent for School Operations, and Barbara Jacoby, Director of Public Information, Communications and Partnerships, presided, with greetings by School Board Chairman Mike Chapman and an invocation by Trey Olson, Assistant Superintendent for Personnel Management. The iPads were presented by Bobby Blount, Assistant Superintendent of Accountability, Technology and Strategic Planning.
Event sponsors are:
- Platinum: AngelTrax Bus Video, Manley Spangler Smith Architects, Northside Hospital-Cherokee, Poole’s Insulation Co. and Woodmont Golf and Country Club;
- Gold: Brown & Brown Insurance of Georgia, The Travel Store, Inc. and Traditions Turf Management Inc.;
- and Silver: Cherokee Bank, Coweta-Fayette EMC Natural Gas, Etowah Computer Sales, Inc., EyeMed Vision Care, Hartford Life, Hill Tire Company, Mauldin Body Shop Inc., Prestige Sales Company, Valic Financial Advisors and Windstream.