1. Georgia Senate Majority Leader Chip Rogers (R-Woodstock), who faces a challenge from state transportation board member Brandon Beach in the July 31 primary, was lauded by the Americans for Tax Reform on Wednesday. "Senator Chip Rogers has been fighting for Georgia taxpayers for ten years," group president Grover Norquist said in a statement. "No elected official in Georgia has done more consistently to stand with taxpayers against those who wish to raise taxes." The Washington, D.C., group asks every candidate for elected office on the state and federal level to make a written commitment to their constituents to "oppose and vote against tax increases."
2. The sons of the man who was beaten, stuffed in the trunk of his own car and driven from BridgeMill to Alabama have been arrested, the spokesman for the Cherokee County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday. That brings to five the total number of arrests in the March 4 beating of 46-year-old Lyndon Baines Smith.
3. Cherokee Multi-Agency Narcotics Squad agents recovered 6,200 packages of synthetic marijuana at H Y Novelties in Canton, 2,200 from Smoke 911 in Woodstock, about 600 from a store in Ball Ground and 400 from a store in Holly Springs, authorities said on Wednesday.
4. A family who lives along the Sixes Road corridor is missing their golden retriever. Message Cherokee Falls' Nicole Vanderford on Facebook if you can help.
- Ages 2-7: Summer Reading Lists for Preschoolers and Kids Ages 2-7
- Ages 6-9: Summer Reading Lists for Kids Ages 6-9.
- Ages 8-12: Summer Reading Lists for Kids Ages 8-12.
- Ages 11-up: Summer Reading List for Tweens and Teens, 11-up.
If you have news, events, announcements, photos or videos that you want to share, don't wait on Canton-Sixes Patch to post it for you. Scroll to the bottom of canton-ga.patch.com, look for the "Contribute" header in the bottom right corner, click "Put an event on the calendar" or "Announce something to everyone," fill in all the fields, and your event, announcement, photos and videos will automatically go up on Patch.